Introduction to Aadhaar Card & Importance
Aadhar card is a unique identification card which contains 12 digit unique identification number which is issued to the people of India and it is issued by the Unique Identification authority of India (UDAI). The Aadhar card was launched by the government so a person can have a single unique identification document or number that would capture of all the details of that person including biometric and demographic information. It is serving as basis for Know your customer (KYC) which is used by the banks, business profiles, telecom firms and others. In previous 2 years there are so many government and private institution asked their customers to link their Aadhar with them for e.g. bank account are now linked with Aadhar, mobile numbers are linked with Aadhar. In September 2018 Supreme Court passed an order which says that Aadhar is not a mandatory document but it is a valid document for identification. Aadhar card is very important document in India and here are some importance of this card is mention below.
Importance of Aadhar Card
- If you want any subsidy from the government scheme like LPG subsidy then you have to link your LPG connection with Aadhar because without Aadhar you will not get your subsidy and you have to link your Aadhar with bank account so you will get your LPG subsidy direct in your Aadhar linked bank account.
- If you want to make your passport then having an Aadhar card is must for you without Aadhar you cannot apply for passport and if you have your Aadhar then you will get your passport in 10 days.
- It is a valid identity card for identification so you can show your Aadhar card if anyone ask for your identity proof and it is also a valid identity proof for opening an account in bank. It is also valid identity proof for making other identity documents like Pan Card, Udyog Aadhar and others.
- As per the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme Aadhar will be a valid identity proof for opening a bank account and it will be an only sufficient document to open a bank account under this scheme.
- Government of India launched a Digi locker scheme in which anyone can store their personal data on government’s server and this scheme requires Aadhar card for signup process.
- Aadhar card is also required for getting monthly pension because it is mandatory to register Aadhar number with respective department in order to receiving monthly pension.
- If you want to invest in stock market then you can use your Aadhar card as identity proof for registration under Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Aadhar card is also required for registration under Udyog Aadhar. Udyog Aadhar is having unique digit number which is issued by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises for MSME businesses. Udyog Aadhar registration cannot be done without Aadhar number so it is also important for making Udyog Aadhar. Udyog Aadhar is most important document nowadays because it provides many benefits to the small and medium enterprises. If you want loan on low interest rates or if you want subsidy from the government scheme then you have to register your business under Udyog Aadhar and Udyog Aadhar registration cannot be done without Aadhar card. Aadhar number is primary required document for Udyog Aadhar. Udyog Aadhar Registration can be done online and it does not required any document except Aadhar number.
As you can see in above article that Aadhar card is contains the Unique digit number which is very important for making other important document like PAN card and passport and it is also important for getting benefits from the government schemes. If you are running a small business or you want to start any business then you should get your Udyog Aadhar number because Udyog Aadhar will give you many benefits from the government schemes and without holding an Aadhar number you cannot apply for Udyog Aadhar. So as above mentioned Aadhar is very important document because it is a valid document for identification and after obtaining Aadhar number you can apply for government schemes. An India resident can apply for Aadhar card by submitting his proof of identity and proof of address and by undergoing biometric registration at any authorized Aadhar center.