How to Check Aadhaar Status through URN number Online
In this article, we would like to educate you about updated status of Aadhaar Card through URN number online. Following Procedures will be done while inquiring Updated Status of Aadhaar Card;
- Aadhaar card Updated Status
- SSUP – Aadhaar Update Process
- Check the updated status of Aadhaar by URN number
- What is the URN number?
- Reason for Rejecting the Aadhaar Card Application
- Aadhaar Card Updated Status
As we know that Aadhaar number is a unique 12-digit identification number provided by India’s Unique Identification Authority (UIDAI). According to UIDAI sources, 75 million people have registered for the Aadhaar card.
In the earlier publication, we explained that how to update the Aadhaar card in the SSUP online portal. After the Aadhaar update process, you will receive a URN number to track online the status of your Aadhaar update application. In this article, we will analyze the complete process to check the status of the Aadhaar update online on the SSUP portal.
Before continuing, for those who are unaware with Aadhaar’s correction process, here is a brief summary.
SSUP – Aadhaar Update Process
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
- Make sure to login with your 12-digit Aadhaar card
- After selecting the appropriate field, you want to update the name, address, mobile phone number, gender and date of birth.
- Fill in the correct information in the form.
- Download identity documents for review (eg PAN, DL card, passport, voter ID, food card, etc.)
- Send/ submit the form online.
- Choose BPO Service Provider.
Now sit back and Relax, Your new Aadhaar will be available in a few weeks after the acceptance of your request.
Check the update status of Aadhaar by URN number
- First, You need to visit this URL of UIDAI – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status
- Now choose the Aadhaar update status.
Check the updated status of Aadhaar
- Enter your URN number in the field
- Enter the captcha in the second field and press Enter.
If your Aadhaar fix/ correction process has been verified successfully, you can download New EAadhaar now.
(However, if it is in progress, wait a few days and check it again with the same URN number.)
What is the URN number?
URN – is short form of Unique Request Number
When you submit your Aadhaar update / correction application, you receive a unique request number (URN).
Unique Request Number: URN is required to know the status of the online Aadhaar card update by entering the details of the Aadhaar card number and the URN number in the self-service update portal.
The URN number is important because if you want to make any change in your Aadhaar card, you will need your URN number as a reference.
We recommend that you save it to your mobile device or write it in your personal record, where you can easily remember it for later use.
Basic Reasons for rejection of Aadhaar Card Applications
After all, your Aadhaar card application may be rejected. You can see the following details.
- “Under Revision”
If the status of the Aadhaar update appears as “rejected”, the following reasons may exist for a rejection.
- Insufficient documentation has been submitted.
- Wrong Details have been submitted.
- Human error/mistake by completing the application form.
If your Aadhaar update application was rejected, you can request it again. Visit the nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra and give them all the details. Then take a new form and send it with all the required documents with self-attestation. Through this process, you will find more information about updates by Authorities.
If you have any questions, you can comment below and we will try to resolve it as soon as possible.