After supreme court judgment, now it is mandatory for individuals to link their Aadhaar Card with their PAN. Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an important tax id that everyone must have in India. The key purpose of this is to avoid the need to keep multiple documents.
So we will guide you through the steps to connect Aadhaar card with PAN.
Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Using SMS
You can easily link your Aadhaar card with your PAN with the help of SMS. Anyone can do this simple process. Only you need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161. Simply create a message and send it to any of these two numbers through valid registered mobile number. The format of a message should be as follows:
UIDPAN<space><12 Digit Aadhar><space><10 Digit PAN>
E-FILLING FOR LINKING AADHAAR CARD TO PAN
The Department of Income Tax has further made it convenient for the taxpayers to link their Aadhaar cards with their PAN. Simply follow the given instructions properly:
- Go to the official E-filing website. Click on this link and it will directly take you to the desired page (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html).
- A page will appear up showing various sections like Aadhaar Number, PAN and so on.
- Fill up all the required information carefully and correctly.
- Just be sure that your PAN and Aadhaar card have exactly the same information otherwise you will not be able to make it happen.
- Click on submit button and after UIDAI’s verification process, your linking will be confirmed.
Step 1- Go to the mentioned link https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e- Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html and register yourself in the income tax portal at first place.
Step 2- Use PAN card number as your identity and then fill the remaining details properly like user id, password and date of birth.
Step 3- A popup window will appear on the screen and in case if it does not appear then go to the blue tap and click on ‘Profile Setting’ bar on the menu and then click ‘Link Aadhaar’.
Step 4- Fill up the necessary details the same as you fill in the E filing portal. Now double check all the details with your Aadhaar Card and in case if all the details are same, then fill up your Aadhaar number and captcha code and lastly click on ‘Link Now’ button.
Step 5- After clicking the ‘Link Now’ button, a window will pop up on your screen showing a message that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked with your PAN card.
If you need to know about the soft-copy of Aadhaar Card that is called EAadhaar, you can visit this main page – Eaadhaar.